15 Aug Save Water – Secure Your Future
Water is the most important necessity of life for all the living beings on the earth. Without water no one can exist even for a day. We also know that there is a very small percentage of clean water available on the earth. So, we should not waste clean water and save it for future generations.
Water is necessary for life. Water is needed for domestic, agricultural and industrial purposes.
Water is the precious gift of God on the earth. Life exists on the earth because of the availability of water. Itself being tasteless, odorless and colorless, it adds taste, color and nice smell in the life of living beings on the earth. It is found everywhere and known as life. It takes nothing from us but gives life to us.
India is one of the countries worldwide facing a huge level of water shortage today. Places in India like Rajasthan and some parts of Gujarat are facing water shortage where women of the houses cover a long distance on bare foot to just get a pot of water.
There are various simple ways which we can use on a daily basis and save gallons of water daily. Following are save water techniques which we must use to save water at home and other places:
- Keep the tap close while doing hand wash, tooth brush, face wash, washing dishes, etc.
- Collect rainwater during the rainy season to use in toilet flushing, watering plants, sprinkle in the garden, etc.
- Water saving techniques should also be given priority in the commercial areas as it is a big area where gallons of water can be saved on a daily basis.
- The growth of more water-efficient crops adopting less irrigation should be promoted as only crop irrigation takes around 70% of the world’s fresh water.
- We should use shower heads with low-flow
- We should water plants in the evenings or early mornings to minimize evaporation.
- We should be habitual of reusing or recycling waste water.
- We can make people aware about water problems by means of social campaigns and other ways.
- We should educate our children about water saving from an early age.
We cannot imagine our lives without water. It is unfortunate that mankind has neglected this precious gift from God. Conservation of water is a necessity to save life. All living organisms on this planet need water to survive. If we do not give importance to saving or conservation of water then our future generations will face water scarcity.
By practising these simple steps we can conserve water and ensure the availability of water to future generations. So start saving each and every drop of water.
Social awareness gives you the ability to understand and respond to the needs of others. Improve your social skills and gain the respect of others as you apply the ideas on this page.
How much social awareness is important can be observed in the situation of today’s pandemic. Many people are refusing to wear a mask or keep a social distance, not realizing that this type of behavior can have serious consequences for their and other people’s health. However, if they were socially aware, they would follow these simple steps which are helping in keeping everyone safe.